Friday, October 9, 2009

Onward and Upward!

I've decided to follow a Tues/Fri blogging schedule, though I don't know what times I'll be posting them (I'll attempt to get posts up before midnight EST for the most part). However, as those of you who know me can attest, I often have a LOT to say, so if a blog pops up on an off-day? Well, don't say I didn't warn you in advance!

This weekend is going to be a stressful one for me in terms of writing and paperwork. On Tuesday I'm meeting with all three of my thesis sponsors to present my final application. Scary. For my main project I am going to be finishing Five of Cups, my YA novel, and then writing a series of academic papers to supplement and support it. For the portion of the project completely free of faculty help and insight, I'm hoping to conduct a series of conversations with established YA authors about heroines in YA fantasy. What I'm presenting on Tuesday to my team of professors will be an outline of all of this, plus outlines of each of the individual papers.

Also on Tuesday, my main sponsor wants to see a complete backstory for FoC, a complete list of characters and character descriptions, and an outline of the novel. In theory this shouldn't be too difficult since it has all lived in my head for so long, but getting it out onto paper may prove more difficult than I think! I've also got my first review for Adele to write, on The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I'm off to get started now, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment