Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Have Returned!

Well, I sort of fail at updating this, don't I?

However, I've had a lot of requests that I start doing so again, so I will! I'm not going to try the twice a week schedule for right now, life it too crazy. I will pledge to update at least once a week, however.

To highlight how things have changed since I last updated the blog, (in JUNE, really? Sorry, guys), I have completed the first draft of my novel and am now almost done with the second draft. The book now has a title--thanks to my Awesome Aunt!--Unpolished Gem, and I've gotten a lot of really positive feedback. My primary Plan Sponsor, Laura C. Stevenson, (check out her books, especially The Island and the Ring and All The King's Horses, they're wonderful), and I have been really going after it and working out some of those first draft kinks. And, trust me, there were a lot of first draft kinks.

I've heard a lot of people say how much they prefer editing to writing the first draft lately. I'd like to state for the record that I am most certainly not one of those people. And I'll tell you why. In next week's post.

;)

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I liked writing the first draft of my novel, but when it came time to do revisions, I had no clue what to do. It ended up just being a lot of trial and error (FUN!...or not). Looking forward to hearing your take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trial and error is right! Personally, I'd prefer a few more doses of trial and success!

    ReplyDelete